Monday 1 November 2021

Ex Rivers Angels striker, Georgewill Ibinabo announces arrival to Confluence Queens with Top Scorer Award

 

There couldn't have been a better for a player to join a new side than how one of the hottest strikers in Nigerian women's football, Georgewill Ibinabo when as she teamed up with Confluence Queens from league champions, Rivers Angels.


Ibinabo who joined the New Direction Queens during the just concluded Flying Officers Cup tournament in Abuja netted three goals and provided an assist to beat her teammate Mercy Omokwu and Edo Queens striker Emem Essien to the prestigious top scorer's award at the Tournament.



Chairman of Confluence Queen Hon. Abdulmalik Isah Dolly received the new signing Ibinabo with her highest goal scorer award in office on Monday, 1st November, 2021.

 



Honorable Dolly praised the former Rivers Angels striker for bringing the top scorer award to Kogi and also tasked her to keep scoring when the league resume in December to win same award in the NWPL.



"I am delighted to see my player winning individual award of this nature.  It's a sign of greater thing ahead, I want you to see this award as a motivation going into the league, I wish you best of luck and hope you finish as the league top scorer in NWPL at the end of the season". Dolly said.


Ibinabo who thanked the chairman and the management for the opportunity to join the team promised to continue doing her best to make the team proud. 


"I want to appreciate everyone at Confluence Queens for the warm reception I have received so far. I feel happy at my new home and I will do my best not to disappoint everyone."


Confluence Queens will battle in the Group A of the NWPL which kicks off December 8 with home game against Pelican Stars of Calabar at the Confluence Stadium in Lokoja.

No comments:

Post a Comment