Monday 11 March 2024

Coach Adedeji Adeyemi: An expert in talent's grooming, development

 


Coach Adedeji Anthony Adeyemi is an Nigerian who is plying his trade in the Swiss league.


During his playing days, Adedeji Adeyemi won Oba Cup with Stationery stores.


He hails from Ondo state but was born and bred in Lagos State.


Coach Adedeji Adeyemi's passion for Nigerian National teams is unparalleled and unmatched.


Coach Adedeji Anthony Adeyemi was a regular caller on Brilla FM Sports program, also pundit of Afrosport during FIFA Women's World Cup, African Cup of Nations, AFCON and World Cup qualifiers with Afrosport, pundit on Jordan FM Lagos during Nation's cup, Sportsville program on Channels TV.



Coach Adedeji Anthony Adeyemi in a recent chat with Sportsgister Nigeria talked about his Coach sojourn in Europe and penchant for youth development.


" I have heard people saying that l have no experience when it comes to coaching"


"I started coaching job, January 2009, when the professional team I was playing for then, the team U-16 female side was about to go on relegation and the president sacked the coach of the team and asked me to take over because I was training U-7 youth team then, I took over for 6 months and rescued the team from relegation".


"June 2009 , I went to a club called FC Dübendorf, I coached youth teams for 6 years, started with U14 ( in June 2009 to June 2010) then I was promoted to U16 (in June 2010-2016) won best Coca Cola Youth League and runner's in FA Cup, lost in FA Cup in semi finals both lost were penalty shootouts".

"June 2016) l went to FC Rüti U23, I was there for 2 years. I left in 2018 after winning the U23 League for them. 



"June 2018) a club called FC Kloten ZH came for my service, they were playing second professional league. I coached them for a year, brought them to 4th position, that's team that's always finished in 8th & 9th position".

"June 2019, I joined another professional club called FC Winterthur U16 I took them to FA Cup final we couldn't play the final due to COVID 19 in June 2020".


"January 2021, I joined a regional team called FC Gossau ZH playing regional Liga 2.

They are also always in 9th and 10th position in table and when I took over, I brought them to second position and went to playoff, but we lost through penalties shootout. Then I left them after 2 years".


"I later joined FC Witikon 2 Liga in 2023 as first assistant coach and promoted to head coach 2024 January".


"I have spent most of my coaching times with youth teams, I am so passionate about grooming and developing the youth," he said. 


Coach Adedeji Adeyemi is a patriotic and passionate Nigerian who believes in rendering selfless service to the nation.



He holds UEFA License B Coaching Certificate with many other certificates in coaching and football philosophy.


Coach Adedeji Adeyemi has joined other Nigerian coaches who have applied for the vacant Super Eagles and Golden Eaglets' coaching jobs.


SportsGister wishes him the best in his bid to develop our football talents at the national team levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment