Wednesday 16 February 2022

Amobi breaks silence on how Rangers won NPFL title in 2016


Former Team Manager of Rangers International F.C of Enugu, Barrister Amobi Ezeaku has attributed the success recorded by the Flying Antelopes in 2016, as a conceited efforts of the Enugu State government. 


Ezeaku who spoke as a Guest to the FCT SPORTS UPDATE Personality Interview Segment said the he State Government in 2016 had the deep desire to lift the trophy and break the 32 years jinx.


" In a bid to do so people were asked to apply for the positions they felt they were capable of working in. That singular act to me started that journey to glory. I recall the Governor particularly telling me he wanted international best practices". 


"In 2016 when I got to Rangers, we made frantic efforts to get the players to hold us in trust and to hold us accountable. We first found that most of the players didn’t have copies of their contracts and we had to start from there. The structure at Rangers then was good. All we did was to get a psychologist and a physio on board. And of course with the sound technical crew we were good to go".



Continuing, Amobi said "In a nutshell I would say that once the players trust the Manager/Management the work becomes easier". 

 

On his recent course overseas, the former school boy player said "For my UEFA Certificate in Football management Course, I had always believed in improving myself, but when I served at the NFF in 2013 and the trio of Barr. Musa Amadu, Okey Obi and Dr. Emeruwa drummed those sermons about personal improvement as an avenue to generating values to the society.


"I knew it was worth it. Coming from very experienced seniors and achievers, you could bet I was not going to relent on that. Of course everyone prays to grow, so it would be correct to say I look forward to greater opportunities for the future".

No comments:

Post a Comment