Thursday 17 February 2022

St Pauli midfielder Afeez Aremu anticipates Eguavoen's call to Super Eagles


The hard tackling player is one of the highly-rated defensive midfielders in the German Bundesliga 2 and according to him, it will be a dream come true if he is invited into the team.


"You know that every player wants to play for his country and for me, I have been playing active football in Europe for the past four seasons moving Norway to Germany. I am waiting for a call-up to serve my nation so if the opportunity comes why not, I will gladly welcome it," Aremu said.


"I am a very disciplined player so if I get the needed call up, I will be able to mastermind the midfield for years to come. It will be a dream come true.


Aremu expressed optimism on the Super Eagles' hopes of qualifying for the World Cup at the expense of Ghana.



"We have a quality squad capable of beating Ghana at the playoffs," he mused.


"The coaches also have what it takes to help the Super Eagles overcome the hurdle."


The former Akwa United enforcer has now played 13 times for St Pauli this season and is a regular for his side.



He has impressed greatly for Hamburg based side in their bid to gain promotion to the German top flight.


Afeez Aremu who has missed his team's last seven games due to hamstring injury is expected to play against Hannover 96 on February 20th.


St. Pauli are first on the Bundesliga 2 ladder with 41 points from 22 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment