Friday 13 October 2017

Bala remains coy over Tornadoes' Chance of winning Aiteo Cup


Technical Adviser of Aiteo Cup finalist, Niger Tornadoes, Abubakar Bala has talked down his side's chances of beating Akwa United in the final on Sunday.

Tornadoes saw off NPFL champions Plateau United in the Quarterfinals before edging out defending champions FC IfeanyiUbah on goal aggregate to set up an interesting final against 2015 champions.

Both sides will light up the Soccer Temple, Agege Stadium for the 25m prize at stake by 7pm but Bala who has surprised the pundits with Tornadoes' exploits in the cup this year has remained secretive on how the Minna based club would approach the game in Sunday.

"I still remain as I've said when we started with the first game of Aiteo Cup, that my target is in my chest and till we play in the final, it's still remain in my chest.

I wanted Sunshine Stars (in the Aiteo Cup final) but now it's Akwa United, they are a good side, I have a lot of respect for them, you can't take it away from them, I have a lot of respect for the coach in charge (Abdu Maikaba) but believe me we will do our best, we have planned well how to take them in the final," he said.

The Tornadoes' head of technical department, who admitted there's burden to win cup after 17 years absence noted that his sides would prove the pundits wrong by dislodging Akwa United in the final.

'It's a huge burden, apart from the fact that Tornadoes have not had a chance to play in another cup final after 17 years, this is my first time as a coach I will be playing in the final. It's an honor to me, it's a privilege, and it's a chance for me to go there and prove myself to the world, show my talent and capability as a coach, and also to go there and let Nigerians see that the team was capable to play in the final and also win it," Bala said.

No comments:

Post a Comment