Monday 16 January 2017

Emeka Ogbugh in dreamland over debut goal for Rivers United



Emeka Ogbugh has spoken about his happiness at scoring his first ever goal in a competitive match for Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) club, Rivers United. 

Ogbugh came off the bench to net United’s winner in the 87th minute at the Yakubu Gowon Stadium as El Kanemi Warriors were tamed 2-1 in the Pride of Rivers’ opening NPFL game of the season on Sunday. 

The striker said it was heart-warming to get off the mark on his competitive debut and is hoping to continue that streak in the coming days. 

“When the coach (Stanley Eguma) told me I would start from the bench, I was disappointed but not angry because I knew I would get my chance. 

“As I watched from the bench, I studied our opponents and knew what to do to exploit the weaknesses I noticed. 

“I missed a good chance earlier but I stayed calm and scored eventually,” he told the club’s official website, www.riversunitedfc.com.ng
United have plenty of attacking talent upfront and Ogbugh knows he has to perform at a consistently high level to stay in the team. 

The attacker says he’s up for the challenge as he look to warm his way into the hearts of the United faithful. 

“I know there are many good strikers here (at Rivers United) but I am ready to work hard to impress the coaches. 

I know what I can do and I will prove it as the days go by,” he said. 

Ogbugh will be looking to get a look in as United make the trip to Uyo to face Akwa United as the NPFL enters match day two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment