Monday 11 July 2016

First Pillars Goal Excites Alimi





Kano Pillars defender, Jamiu Alimi has said he is excited to have opened his goal account in the colours of the Four-time Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) champions.

The Super Eagles defender scored his side's third goal in an emphatic 3-0 win over Lobi Stars in the NPFL match day 26 tie on Sunday in Kano. 

Alimi told  that his first goal for Kano Pillars was made all the sweeter by the fact that he was able to share the moment with his team-mates.

"This is one of the best feelings I have felt in football and also as a Pillars player, to be able  to score for my team is great. The combination with Gambo Mohammed was excellent, it was an amazing feeling for me," said Alimi.

Alimi who joined Kano Pillars from Shooting Stars during the off-season transfer window has played twenty-three league games from a possible twenty-five this season.

"I'm not a scoring defender, I don't get to score all the time, this is special. My job is to ensure our opponent don't wreck us down, but I have always wanted to score for the fans and share the feelings to be among the scorers.
 

"I feel comfortable in the team, the players, coaches and the fans helps me to settle down to a new life in the North. This is a team with energy and optimism, and also quality players in the squad.

"It was a great win but we have harder tests to come and we have to keep working. I thought the team were excellent and we fully deserved the win, and that can give us great confidence going forward in our title chase."

Pillars are fourth on the NPFL table with 39 points, four points behind joint leaders Wikki Tourists and Rivers United.

No comments:

Post a Comment