Saturday 11 July 2015

Politics: #KogiGovRace: Audu Seeks Team Work to Vote Out PDP









First Civilian Governor of Kogi State, Prince Audu Abubakar wants electorate in the state to push out the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from the Government House, in the forthcoming governorship election.


According to him, voting out the Capt Idris Wada Administration and electing the All Progressives Congress into the Luggard House is the surest way to liberate the state.

Indeed, Audu, who first ruled the state in the botched Third Republic (January 1992 to November 1993 on the banner of the National Republican Convention (NRC) and returned in the Fourth Republic (May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2003 through APP and later ANPP), is the leader of the APC in the state and is in the race for the governorship seat.

According to Audu, Kogi State is traumatised and requires urgent teamwork to liberate it.
Audu, who spoke through his media team in a statement yesterday in Abuja, regretted that Kogi State has become the most underdeveloped and backward state in the country.

He therefore promised to liberate the state from degenerating into a failed state, if re-elected.
Audu maintained that he is on a mission to rescue the state and bring it back to the cradle it was known for.
While assessing the current condition of the state, the ex-governor regretted that Kogi State has become a laughing stock having been rated the most underdeveloped and backward state in the country.

He declared that the unpleasant situation in the state informed his resolve to yield to calls on him from various quarters within and outside the state to re-contest for the office.

Self serving politicians
Audu explained that the pressures on him to re-contest “is because of what I did when I was in office some 13 years ago.”
His words: “When I was in office as the executive governor, Kogi State was rated as the fastest growing state in the whole federation and I was the best performing governor in Nigeria. But some self-serving politicians in the state connived with Abuja and they used the federal might to rig me out of office in 2003 and the consequences of this is the wrecked state with absolute dearth of infrastructural development.

“My detractors will have nothing to fear because I am not coming for vengeance. All my time will be preoccupied with infrastructural and human development. So I won’t think of vendetta, that is not my mission. What they did to me is haunting them and that is why they are on that assumption. As far as I am concerned, I have more important things to do than thinking about who offended me and who did not offend me. That is not my mission.

“Kogi State has become the most underdeveloped state in Nigeria, the most backward state in Nigeria. So you can see why people are clamouring for my return so that we will regain the lost glory and by the special grace of God I will do that,” he said.


Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/gov-2016-we-need-teamwork-to-liberate-kogi-audu/
By Chris Ochayi

No comments:

Post a Comment